Friday, September 26, 2008

House Republicans in United States Congress compared to Lemmings!

Hello,

Before I get to a great line I just heard on MSNBC this morning, I'll paraphrase something I vaguely heard yesterday, while I was trying to get some housekeeping work done. I think they were discussing one of the amendments that the Republicans wanted to put in the Bailout plan -- something along the lines that the affected homeowners would be forced to purchase Mortgage Insurance to guarantee their ability to pay off their adjustable Mortgage loans! Please, can somebody dredge this up for me and respond as a Comment? Thanks in advance.

As I started writing this BLOG post, I was watching Senator Harry Reid and Senator and Senator Chris Dodd holding a press conference, which was covered, at least on CNN and MSNBC. But the line of the day goes to MSNBC newscaster Mike Viqueira: "It is essential that democrats have at least the leadership of the House Republicans and a significant number of House Republicans to come along and join hands and jump off this cliff - that's the only way this is going to get done as the world anxiously watches these behind the scenes machinations on Capitol Hill".

I'm sorry, but this is fun to watch. I probably "shouldn't feel happy while the country is going down the tubes", but I do! This is funnier than the story line at the beginning of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams, where the Earth is demolished to make way for a Hyperspace Byway.

View my Political BLOG.

Best regards,

Ken Parker in Seattle, Washington

No comments: